Use these prompts about friendship to help understand the powerful nature of friendships.
Friends enrich our lives. Through them we learn more about ourselves. Their thoughts, feelings, ideas and knowledge help us to understand other ways of viewing the world.
"One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood." Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Friends enrich our lives. Through our friends we learn more about ourselves. They help us understand other ways of viewing the world through their thoughts, feelings, ideas and knowledge.
Cultivate positive friendships and value the friendships you have now.
Avoid friendships that drag you down, or make you feel envious or unworthy. These kinds of friendship are not good for your health and well being.
If you have a friend with a negative outlook on life, think about whether you should continue to spend time with him or her.
Many people find that as they change, develop and grow throughout life, so do their friendships. Some friends are for life and others are ships passing in the night.
1. Describe what it means to be a best friend.
2. Describe an old friend you've lost touch with.
3. What qualities do you admire in a friend?
4. Describe a friend you haven't seen for a long time but would like to see.
5. Write about a friend with a very different background from yours.
6. Why do we drift apart from some of our friends?
7. What is the value of friendship?
8. What are the characteristics of people who seem to have a lot of friends?
9. How do we develop lasting friendships?
10. How do we learn about ourselves from our friends?
These prompts about friendship will help you create prompts of your own. Here are more journal writing prompts to deepen your understanding of yourself and of others and to increase your self esteem:
Prompts About Childhood
Prompts About Ideas
Reflective Journal Writing
Journal Writing Prompts
To create prompts of your own, have a look at Self Esteem Quotes